Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Pure Storage Exam FBAP_002 Topic 4 Question 33 Discussion

Actual exam question for Pure Storage's FBAP_002 exam
Question #: 33
Topic #: 4
[All FBAP_002 Questions]

Refer to the exhibit.

A customer has 10x52TB blades for 328TB and 10GB/s for read performance. How much space will the customer have if 1 blade failure occurs?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

Contribute your Thoughts:

Valda
8 days ago
Ooh, that's an interesting angle. I didn't think about the read performance being a clue. But I'm still not 100% sure. Can we get a calculator and work this through step-by-step?
upvoted 0 times
Youlanda
10 days ago
Wait, wait, wait. I think you're all missing something. What if the 10GB/s read performance is actually the total bandwidth across all the blades? That would mean the customer is using some kind of distributed file system or storage array, and the capacity would be the total of all the blades, minus one for the failed blade. So the answer is C: 285TB.
upvoted 0 times
Shasta
11 days ago
Okay, let's break this down step-by-step. The customer has 10 blades, each with 52TB of storage, for a total of 520TB. But they only have 328TB of usable space, so that means there's some kind of redundancy or RAID setup going on. If one blade fails, that leaves 9 blades, which would be 9 x 52TB = 468TB. But the question says the customer has 328TB, so I think the answer is B: 241TB.
upvoted 0 times
Cathrine
12 days ago
Hmm, I'm not sure about that. What if the 10GB/s read performance is a factor? Maybe we need to do some math with that too. This is making my head hurt.
upvoted 0 times
Graciela
14 days ago
I know, right? It's like they're trying to trip us up. But let's think this through. If the customer has 10 x 52TB blades for a total of 328TB, and one blade fails, that should leave us with 9 x 52TB, which is 285TB. I think the answer is C.
upvoted 0 times
Annelle
16 days ago
Ugh, this question is so confusing! I hate having to figure out these storage capacity calculations, especially with blade failures and stuff. Why can't they just ask us simple multiple-choice questions?
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel