Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

PRMIA Exam 8007 Topic 1 Question 69 Discussion

Actual exam question for PRMIA's Mathematical Foundations of Risk Measurement ? 2015 Edition exam
Question #: 69
Topic #: 1
[All Mathematical Foundations of Risk Measurement ? 2015 Edition Questions]

In a binomial tree lattice, at each step the underlying price can move up by a factor of u = 1.1 or down by a factor of . The continuously compounded risk free interest rate over each time step is 1% and there are no dividends paid on the underlying. The risk neutral probability for an up move is:

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

Contribute your Thoughts:

German
9 days ago
Hmm, I'm not entirely convinced. Let me double-check the calculations. *scribbles on notepad* Ah, I see where the rounding error might come in. I think C is the correct answer.
upvoted 0 times
Aron
11 days ago
Okay, plugging in the values, we get (e^(0.01) - 1/1.1) / (1.1 - 1/1.1), which simplifies to 0.5292. So I think the answer is B.
upvoted 0 times
Broderick
12 days ago
Ah, I remember this from the lectures. The risk-neutral probability is calculated as (e^(rt) - d) / (u - d), where r is the risk-free rate, t is the time step, u is the up factor, and d is the down factor.
upvoted 0 times
An
13 days ago
I agree, the key is understanding the risk-neutral probability formula and applying it correctly. Let's go through the steps together and see if we can arrive at the right answer.
upvoted 0 times
Margot
15 days ago
Okay, let's think this through. We have the up and down factors, the risk-free rate, and the question is asking for the risk-neutral probability of an up move. This is going to require some formula manipulation to get the right answer.
upvoted 0 times
Ozell
17 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. The binomial tree model is a core concept in options pricing, so I'm sure the exam writers are testing our understanding of the underlying assumptions and calculations.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel