Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

PRMIA Exam 8006 Topic 7 Question 31 Discussion

Actual exam question for PRMIA's Exam I: Finance Theory, Financial Instruments, Financial Markets ? 2015 Edition exam
Question #: 31
Topic #: 7
[All Exam I: Finance Theory, Financial Instruments, Financial Markets ? 2015 Edition Questions]

Which of the following statements is true:

1. The OTC market for foreign exchange is much larger than the exchange traded futures market for foreign currencies

II. DVP arrangements help avoid the risk of counterparty defaults on settlements

III. Exchanges offer the advantage of lower trading costs than ECNs

IV. ISDA master agreements form the basis of a large number of OTC derivative trades

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

The OTC market for foreign exchange is indeed much larger than the exchange traded futures market for FX. Therefore statement I is correct.

Delivery-versus-payment (DVP) arrangements make sure that title to a security passes only when payment has been made, and these arrangements, usually implemented through national clearing agencies such as the DTC in the US, help avoid the risk of counterparty defaults.

Electronic Clearing Networks (ECNs) offer cheaper trading costs than exchanges, in fact that is their primary attraction. Exchanges offer other advantages, but lower trading costs is not one of them.

ISDA master agreements provide templates that a large number of OTC market participants use to standardize their OTC trading activities. Therefore statement IV is correct.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Currently there are no comments in this discussion, be the first to comment!

Save Cancel