Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

PMI Exam PMI-200 Topic 9 Question 50 Discussion

Actual exam question for PMI's PMI-200 exam
Question #: 50
Topic #: 9
[All PMI-200 Questions]

During iteration planning, the team is discussing the design for a user story. A team member states that a design document should be started since the system is complex in nature. Another team member responds that in Agile there is no documentation. How should the ScrumMaster respond?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Contribute your Thoughts:

Louann
25 days ago
Exactly, it's all about finding the right balance. I'd be wary of just agreeing to avoid documentation, that could cause issues down the line. But I also don't think we need a huge, comprehensive design doc for every user story. Maybe a quick whiteboard sketch would be enough in this case.
upvoted 0 times
Serina
26 days ago
Haha, 'Agile, no documentation?' That's a classic misconception. I'd go with option B - explain that documentation is not forbidden, it's just not the primary focus. As long as it's adding value and not slowing the team down, a little documentation can be useful.
upvoted 0 times
Mindy
27 days ago
I agree, it's a tough one. I think the ScrumMaster should try to find a middle ground. Maybe they could suggest starting with a lightweight design document, just to capture the key aspects, and then focus on the actual implementation.
upvoted 0 times
Tish
9 days ago
B) Explain that interactions are valued over documentation, but documentation is not forbidden.
upvoted 0 times
Ahmed
10 days ago
A) Agree that documentation should be avoided, since it slows the progress of the team.
upvoted 0 times
Miles
11 days ago
B) Explain that interactions are valued over documentation, but documentation is not forbidden.
upvoted 0 times
Galen
12 days ago
A) Agree that documentation should be avoided, since it slows the progress of the team.
upvoted 0 times
Allene
13 days ago
upvoted 0 times
Maia
28 days ago
This is a tricky question. I can see both sides of the argument. On one hand, Agile does emphasize interactions over documentation. But on the other hand, some level of documentation can be helpful, especially for complex systems.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel