Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

PMI Exam PMI-100 Topic 3 Question 65 Discussion

Actual exam question for PMI's PMI-100 exam
Question #: 65
Topic #: 3
[All PMI-100 Questions]

Which of the following is an estimating technique that uses the values of parameters from previous similar projects for estimating the same parameter or measure for a current project?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

Contribute your Thoughts:

Zona
25 days ago
Haha, I was totally stuck between A and C at first. Reserve analysis? What is this, a geology exam? I'm with you all on D - analogous estimating is the way to go here. Who needs fancy statistical models when you've got good old-fashioned past project data, am I right?
upvoted 0 times
Chandra
26 days ago
You know, I was actually debating between B and D, but I think you both make a good case for D. Three-point estimating is more about accounting for uncertainty, while analogous estimating is all about leveraging historical information. Gotta go with D on this one.
upvoted 0 times
Joanna
27 days ago
I was thinking the same thing! Analogous estimating just makes the most sense to me for this question. Using past project data to estimate the current one is a super common approach in project management.
upvoted 0 times
Aileen
7 days ago
We're on the same page with this one.
upvoted 0 times
Joni
8 days ago
It's a practical and efficient technique.
upvoted 0 times
Veta
9 days ago
Analogous estimating is the way to go!
upvoted 0 times
Doyle
10 days ago
Exactly, it's a reliable method.
upvoted 0 times
Tayna
11 days ago
I agree, using past project data is key.
upvoted 0 times
Aleisha
12 days ago
D) Analogous estimating
upvoted 0 times
Freeman
13 days ago
C) Parametric estimating
upvoted 0 times
Alesia
28 days ago
Hmm, this seems like a tricky one. I'm torn between C and D, but I'm leaning more towards D. Parametric estimating uses statistical models and historical data to estimate, while analogous estimating is all about using similar past projects as a reference point. Seems like the best fit here.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel