Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

PMI Exam PMI-100 Topic 1 Question 68 Discussion

Actual exam question for PMI's PMI-100 exam
Question #: 68
Topic #: 1
[All PMI-100 Questions]

Which of the following is a statistical concept that calculates the average outcome when the future includes scenarios that may or may not happen?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

Contribute your Thoughts:

Chan
13 days ago
Yeah, the three-point estimate is more about estimating a range of possible outcomes, not the average. Modeling and simulation could also be relevant, but I think the 'expected monetary value' is the most direct answer here.
upvoted 0 times
Elke
13 hours ago
I think the answer is D) Expected monetary value analysis.
upvoted 0 times
Jani
13 days ago
Agreed, that's gotta be the right answer. Although, I have to say, the 'three-point estimate' option is a bit of a curve ball. I've heard of that before, but I'm not sure it quite fits the description in the question.
upvoted 0 times
Cordelia
15 days ago
I was thinking the same thing. Expected monetary value analysis is all about weighing the potential outcomes and their probabilities to determine the average expected result. Seems like a pretty straightforward statistical concept to me.
upvoted 0 times
Ona
15 days ago
Hmm, this question seems to be testing our understanding of statistical concepts. I think the answer might be 'Expected monetary value analysis' since it involves calculating the average outcome when different scenarios are possible.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel