Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

OMG Exam OMG-OCSMP-MBI300 Topic 1 Question 42 Discussion

Actual exam question for OMG's OMG-OCSMP-MBI300 exam
Question #: 42
Topic #: 1
[All OMG-OCSMP-MBI300 Questions]

Choose the correct answer.

Given the following diagram:

How does state machine Example behave after receipt of event M1 with x equal to zero?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

Contribute your Thoughts:

Dalene
13 days ago
I don't know, you guys. I feel like we're overthinking this. If the question is asking about what happens when x is zero, and the diagram doesn't specify a behavior, then wouldn't it be safe to assume the system just stays in State 1? I mean, A) seems like the most reasonable answer to me.
upvoted 0 times
Brigette
15 days ago
I have to side with Candidates 1 and 2 on this one. The state machine diagram doesn't give us enough information to determine what would happen if x is zero, so D is the only logical choice. Anything else would be pure speculation.
upvoted 0 times
Billye
16 days ago
Hmm, I'm not convinced by that logic, Nidia. The diagram clearly shows that the transition to State 2 or State 3 is dependent on the value of x. If x is zero, there's no defined behavior, so I still think D is the right answer here.
upvoted 0 times
Nidia
17 days ago
I'm not so sure. I think B) is also a valid answer. The diagram shows that the transition from State 1 to State 2 or State 3 is possible, so it could arbitrarily enter either one of those states, even if x is zero. The question doesn't say the system has to do something specific in that case.
upvoted 0 times
Keena
19 days ago
I agree with German. The state machine diagram doesn't specify what happens when x is zero, so there's no way to know for sure how the system will behave in that case. I think D is the only answer that accurately reflects the ambiguity in the diagram.
upvoted 0 times
German
20 days ago
This is a pretty straightforward question, but I can see how it might trip up some people. The diagram clearly shows that if x is equal to zero, the transition from State 1 to State 2 or State 3 is not defined. So the correct answer is D) Its behavior is not defined.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel