Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Nokia Exam 4A0-205 Topic 2 Question 24 Discussion

Actual exam question for Nokia's 4A0-205 exam
Question #: 24
Topic #: 2
[All 4A0-205 Questions]

What is a Shared Risk Group (SRG)?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

According to the Nokia Optical Networking documentation, a Shared Risk Group (SRG) is defined as 'a set of network resources that share a common failure risk. When a resource in an SRG fails, the other resources in the group are also affected.' This can include fibers, boards, nodes, and other network resources. The SRG concept is used in network design and protection mechanisms to ensure survivability and minimal impact on service in case of a failure.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Gregoria
10 days ago
C is interesting, but I don't think it's quite right. A Shared Risk Group is more about the network resources, not just the individual nodes. D captures that better.
upvoted 0 times
Lashon
12 days ago
I'm a bit torn between B and D, to be honest. A set of boards that share the same failure risk could also be considered a Shared Risk Group. But I think D is the stronger answer overall.
upvoted 0 times
Mariann
13 days ago
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. A Shared Risk Group is all about network resources that are at risk of failing together, so D is the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Carisa
14 days ago
I agree with Timothy. D seems to be the best answer here. The question is asking specifically about a Shared Risk Group, and that option captures the essence of what that means.
upvoted 0 times
Timothy
16 days ago
Well, based on the options provided, I think the correct answer is D. A set of network resources that share a common failure risk. That sounds like the most comprehensive and accurate description of a Shared Risk Group.
upvoted 0 times
Jacinta
17 days ago
Hmm, this is an interesting question. I'm not entirely sure about the correct answer, but let's see what the others think.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel