Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Nokia Exam 4A0-116 Topic 5 Question 25 Discussion

Actual exam question for Nokia's 4A0-116 exam
Question #: 25
Topic #: 5
[All 4A0-116 Questions]

The exhibit presents packets being transmitted inside an LSP's multi-segment primary path going from router R1 to router R8. The LSP also has a standby secondary path, and Seamless-BFD has been enabled on the primary path. The link between routers R1 and R2 fails, and fast re-route (FRR) is triggered. As a result, router R1 forwards the packets to router R3 and adds the proper FRR encapsulation to reach which router?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Contribute your Thoughts:

Keneth
10 days ago
I know I've studied this stuff before, but my brain is just not cooperating right now. Maybe I should take a quick break and come back to it with a fresh perspective.
upvoted 0 times
Christiane
11 days ago
Wait, doesn't Seamless-BFD come into play here somehow? I feel like that detail has to be important, but I'm not sure how to incorporate it into the answer.
upvoted 0 times
Page
12 days ago
Okay, let me think this through step-by-step. If FRR is triggered, then R1 should be forwarding the packets to the next-hop along the backup path, which is R3. So I'm guessing the answer is C, R4, since that's the tail-end of the active segment.
upvoted 0 times
Meaghan
13 days ago
Haha, I bet the test-writers are really trying to trip us up with this one! They're probably hoping we'll get confused by all the different routers and paths.
upvoted 0 times
Marisha
16 days ago
Hmm, the exhibit shows the packets being forwarded after the link between R1 and R2 fails, but it's not clear to me where the FRR encapsulation is being added. I'll have to re-read the question carefully.
upvoted 0 times
Anthony
17 days ago
Wow, this question seems pretty tricky! I'm not sure I fully understand the concept of FRR and how it relates to the multi-segment primary path. This is going to require some careful thinking.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel