Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Microsoft Exam PL-400 Topic 1 Question 87 Discussion

Actual exam question for Microsoft's PL-400 exam
Question #: 87
Topic #: 1
[All PL-400 Questions]

Note: This question is part of a series of questions that present the same scenario. Each question in the series contains a unique solution that might meet the stated goals. Some question sets might have more than one correct solution, while others might not have a correct solution.

After you answer a question in this section, you will NOT be able to return to it. As a result, these questions will not appear in the review screen.

A company requires custom validation when users save form records that use a synchronous plug-in.

If validation fails, a message that explains how to resolve the issue must be displayed on the form to the user.

You need to implement the custom validation.

Solution: Include the message in the output parameters of the plug-in.

Does the solution meet the goal?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Contribute your Thoughts:

Raylene
9 days ago
You know, I bet the real answer is to use a combination of techniques. Maybe have the plug-in return an error code, but also include the message in the output parameters as a backup. That way, you've got multiple ways to get the message to the user.
upvoted 0 times
Shannon
9 days ago
Absolutely. This question is pretty straightforward, but it's important to make sure we're choosing the most appropriate solution. Including the message in the output parameters is the way to go here. *chuckles* Although, I do wonder if any of us will accidentally include a snarky message like 'Try not to be so dumb next time.'
upvoted 0 times
Derrick
11 days ago
Yeah, I think that's the way to go. It's a nice clean solution that fits the requirements. Plus, it's always better to give the user clear and specific feedback when something goes wrong, rather than just a generic error message.
upvoted 0 times
Ciara
11 days ago
I agree, that solution makes sense. By putting the message in the output parameters, we can easily access it and display it on the form for the user. This way, they'll have the information they need to resolve the issue.
upvoted 0 times
Peter
12 days ago
I'm with Shonda on this one. The solution seems simple and straightforward. As long as the form is designed to properly display the message, I don't see any issues with putting it in the output parameters.
upvoted 0 times
Danica
12 days ago
Hmm, this seems like a straightforward question. If we need to display a message to the user when validation fails, then including that message in the output parameters of the plugin sounds like a reasonable solution to me.
upvoted 0 times
Justa
13 days ago
I agree with Malissa. The solution seems overly complicated. Wouldn't it be better to have the plug-in throw an exception or return a specific error code that the form can then use to display the appropriate message to the user?
upvoted 0 times
Malissa
13 days ago
Hmm, I'm not so sure. Putting the message in the output parameters seems a bit hacky to me. Wouldn't it be better to have the plug-in directly update the form with the error message? That way, the user wouldn't have to try to interpret the output parameters.
upvoted 0 times
Shonda
15 days ago
I think the solution of including the message in the output parameters of the plug-in is a good one. It seems like a straightforward way to get the message to the user, as long as the form is designed to properly display that message.
upvoted 0 times
Adolph
17 days ago
I'm not sure about this question. The requirements are a bit vague, and I'm not sure if the proposed solution really meets the goal of displaying a message to the user.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel