Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Microsoft Exam MS-700 Topic 10 Question 85 Discussion

Actual exam question for Microsoft's MS-700 exam
Question #: 85
Topic #: 10
[All MS-700 Questions]

Task 11

You need to restrict external Teams communication for both calling and personal chat to only organizational users that use the microsoft.com domain.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

To restrict external Teams communication for both calling and personal chat to only organizational users that use the microsoft.com domain, you need to use the Teams admin center to configure the external access settings. Here are the steps to follow:

Sign in to the Teams admin center with your Microsoft 365 username and password.

In the left navigation, go to Org-wide settings > External access.

Under External access, turn on the toggle for Users can communicate with other Skype for Business and Teams users.

Under Cross-tenant access settings, click Manage settings.

In the Cross-tenant access settings pane, under Calling and chat, select Allow specific domains and then enter microsoft.com in the box below. This will allow your users to communicate with Microsoft users via calling and chat.

Click Save.

Note: You also need to make sure that microsoft.com has configured their external access settings to allow communication with your domain. See Communicate with users from other organizations for more details.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Willard
2 days ago
Hah, good luck with that one, you guys. Sounds like a real headache. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with that kind of IT policy nonsense. *chuckles* Guess us developers get to stay in our nice, cozy bubble over here.
upvoted 0 times
Afton
3 days ago
Ooh, that's a good point, Estrella. There might be a more nuanced approach than a blanket ban. I'll have to dig into the details on this one. Hopefully, there's a solution that balances security and productivity.
upvoted 0 times
Estrella
4 days ago
Yeah, I agree. That could really limit our ability to communicate effectively. I mean, I get the need for security, but cutting off all external chat and calls seems a bit extreme. Maybe there's a way to whitelist certain domains or something?
upvoted 0 times
Dannie
5 days ago
Hmm, this looks tricky. Restricting external Teams communication to only users in the microsoft.com domain could be a bit of a challenge. I wonder how that would impact our day-to-day collaboration with partners and clients outside of our organization.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel