Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Microsoft Exam DP-420 Topic 8 Question 30 Discussion

Actual exam question for Microsoft's DP-420 exam
Question #: 30
Topic #: 8
[All DP-420 Questions]

You are building an application that will store data in an Azure Cosmos DB for NoSQL account. The account uses the session default consistency level. The account is used by five other applications. The account has a single read-write region and 10 additional read regions.

Approximately 20 percent of the items stored in the account are updated hourly.

Several users will access the new application from multiple devices.

You need to ensure that the users see the same item values consistently when they browse from the different devices. The solution must not affect the other applications.

Which two actions should you perform? Each correct answer presents part of the solution.

NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B, C

Contribute your Thoughts:

Carma
2 days ago
That's a good question. I think the implicit session management (option A) should be enough to ensure the consistency we need, since we're dealing with a relatively small percentage of updates (20% hourly). Adding the explicit session token (option B) might be overkill and could add unnecessary complexity.
upvoted 0 times
Lavonda
3 days ago
Definitely, the session-level consistency is the way to go. Although, I do have one question - would providing a stored session token when performing read requests (option B) offer any additional benefits in this scenario? Or is the implicit session management sufficient?
upvoted 0 times
Lourdes
4 days ago
Yeah, I agree with that approach. Using session-level consistency makes sense here since we need to guarantee that users see the same data across their different devices. The other options like setting the default consistency to eventual (option D) or associating a session token to the device (option E) don't seem as relevant in this case.
upvoted 0 times
Ivory
5 days ago
Hmm, this is an interesting question. Given the high consistency requirements and the need to ensure users see the same item values consistently across devices, I think the way to go here is to use session-level consistency. That means using implicit session management for read requests (option A) and associating a session token to the user account (option C).
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel