Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Microsoft Exam DP-420 Topic 7 Question 33 Discussion

Actual exam question for Microsoft's DP-420 exam
Question #: 33
Topic #: 7
[All DP-420 Questions]

Your company develops an application named App1 that uses the Azure Cosmos DB SDK and the Eventual consistency level.

App1 queries an Azure Cosmos DB for NoSQL account named account!

You need to identify which consistency level to assign to App1 to meet the following requirements:

* Maximize the throughput of the queries generated by App1 without increasing the number of request units currently used by the queries.

* Provide the highest consistency guarantees.

Which consistency level should you identify?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

Contribute your Thoughts:

Diego
11 days ago
True, but the question specifically states that we need to 'provide the highest consistency guarantees'. Session consistency doesn't quite meet that criteria. I think Bounded Staleness is the way to go here.
upvoted 0 times
Ernest
12 days ago
But what about Session consistency? That could also be a viable option, as it provides a good balance between consistency and performance, and it's specifically designed for scenarios where the client and server are in the same session.
upvoted 0 times
Shala
13 days ago
I agree with Tasia. Bounded Staleness seems like the best option here. It allows for higher throughput while still providing strong consistency guarantees, which is exactly what the question is asking for.
upvoted 0 times
Tasia
14 days ago
The key here is to 'maximize the throughput of the queries without increasing the request units'. If we choose Strong consistency, that would provide the highest consistency guarantees, but it could negatively impact the throughput and increase the request units used. I think we should go with Bounded Staleness, as it provides a good balance between consistency and performance.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel