Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Microsoft Exam DP-300 Topic 12 Question 81 Discussion

Actual exam question for Microsoft's DP-300 exam
Question #: 81
Topic #: 12
[All DP-300 Questions]

You have a single availability set that contains two SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines instances.

The instances were deployed by using an Azure Marketplace SQL Server 2019 Enterprise image that has the latest cumulative updates applied. The instances are configured as the nodes of a failover cluster instance (FCI) named FCI1.

You need to ensure that client applications can connect to FCI1. The solution must meet the following requirements:

* Provide an availability SLA

* Minimize costs.

What should you create?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

Contribute your Thoughts:

Leonor
3 months ago
I'm not sure about the load balancer options. Aren't those usually more for web traffic? Since this is a SQL Server FCI, I think the DNN resource is the best fit. It's designed specifically for this use case, and it should be more reliable than a generic load balancer.
upvoted 0 times
Willodean
3 months ago
Hold on, what about option D? An Azure Standard Load Balancer could also provide the availability SLA we need, and it might be more straightforward to set up than the DNN resource. But you're right, the DNN could be more cost-effective.
upvoted 0 times
Natalie
3 months ago
I agree, the DNN resource seems like the way to go. It provides a highly available client access point for the FCI1 cluster, and since it's a native Azure feature, it should be more cost-effective than setting up a load balancer.
upvoted 0 times
Chandra
3 months ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. We need to ensure client applications can connect to the FCI1 cluster, while also providing an availability SLA and minimizing costs. I'm leaning towards option C - a distributed network name (DNN) resource.
upvoted 0 times
Yuonne
3 months ago
Yes, I believe that option C) is the best choice to meet the requirements for connectivity, availability, and cost-effectiveness.
upvoted 0 times
Stevie
3 months ago
So, we're all in agreement that option C) a distributed network name (DNN) resource is the way to go?
upvoted 0 times
Justine
3 months ago
I don't think a VNN resource would provide the necessary functionality for connecting to FCI1 in a failover cluster.
upvoted 0 times
Yolando
3 months ago
What about option A) a virtual network name (VNN) resource? Could that also work?
upvoted 0 times
Lonny
3 months ago
I agree, a DNN resource would help ensure client applications can connect to FCI1 with minimal costs.
upvoted 0 times
Lynda
3 months ago
Option C) a distributed network name (DNN) resource seems like the best choice to meet all the requirements.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel