Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Microsoft Exam AZ-140 Topic 4 Question 66 Discussion

Actual exam question for Microsoft's AZ-140 exam
Question #: 66
Topic #: 4
[All AZ-140 Questions]

You have an on-premises network and an Azure subscription. The subscription contains the following virtual network:

* Name:VNet1

* Address space: 10.10.0.0/16

* Subnet name: Subnet1

* Subnet1 address range: 10.10.0.0/16

You deploy an Azure Virtual Desktop host pool that contains 10 session hosts to Subnets.

You plan to deploy a VPN gateway to VNet1 and provide the session hosts with access to the on-premises network.

You need to ensure that you can deploy the VPN gateway.

What should you do first?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

In order to deploy a VPN gateway to VNet1, you should first add a subnet named GatewaySubnet to VNet1. According to the Microsoft Official Guide AZ-140, 'You must create a gateway subnet for the virtual network that you plan to use for the gateway. The subnet must be named GatewaySubnet and it must use an address range that is large enough to accommodate the number of IP addresses that you plan to use for the gateway and its supporting resources.' Therefore, the first step to ensure that you can deploy the VPN gateway is to add a subnet named GatewaySubnet to VNet1.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Ashton
4 days ago
Good point, Hayley. I was about to go with option B, but now I'm reconsidering. If the current address space is too small, we might need to modify it before adding the GatewaySubnet.
upvoted 0 times
Hayley
6 days ago
Wait, hold on. What if the address space of VNet1 is not large enough to accommodate the GatewaySubnet? Shouldn't we consider modifying the address space first, just in case?
upvoted 0 times
Ma
6 days ago
I agree with Sheron. The question specifically states that we need to deploy a VPN gateway to VNet1, and the only way to do that is to add a GatewaySubnet. The other options don't seem relevant.
upvoted 0 times
Sheron
8 days ago
Haha, Candidate F is right. We're all a bunch of overanalytical nerds. Let's just go with the simple, straightforward answer and get this exam question out of the way.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel