Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Juniper Exam JN0-335 Topic 7 Question 23 Discussion

Actual exam question for Juniper's JN0-335 exam
Question #: 23
Topic #: 7
[All JN0-335 Questions]

Which two statements about the DNS ALG are correct? (Choose two.)

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A, C

The DNS ALG is an application layer gateway that handles data associated with locating and translating domain names into IP addresses. It runs on port 53 and monitors DNS query and reply packets. Two statements about the DNS ALG that are correct are:

The DNS ALG supports DDNS: DDNS is Dynamic DNS, which is a method of updating DNS records in real time to reflect changes in network configurations or hostnames. The DNS ALG can process DDNS messages differently from DNS messages and perform address translation in the query part of the message.

The DNS ALG performs DNS doctoring: DNS doctoring is a technique of modifying the DNS reply packets to replace the original IP addresses with translated IP addresses that are suitable for the destination network. This allows the clients to access servers that are located behind NAT devices or in different networks.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Vallie
8 days ago
As for VPN tunnels, I'm not sure if the DNS ALG directly supports that. It might depend on the specific implementation or network configuration.
upvoted 0 times
Tasia
10 days ago
You're right, the DNS ALG is designed to handle dynamic updates. That's an important feature for modern networks.
upvoted 0 times
Johnathon
11 days ago
Okay, let's start with the first option. I believe the DNS ALG does support DDNS, which allows dynamic updates to the DNS records.
upvoted 0 times
Devorah
12 days ago
Haha, 'DNS doctoring' - that sounds like some kind of medical procedure for DNS servers. I wonder what that actually means?
upvoted 0 times
Farrah
14 days ago
The DNS ALG is a crucial component of network security, so understanding its features is important. Let's discuss this step-by-step.
upvoted 0 times
Melynda
16 days ago
This question seems straightforward, but I'm not sure about the exact capabilities of the DNS ALG. I'll have to think this through carefully.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel