Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

iSQI Exam CTAL-TA_Syll2019 Topic 1 Question 36 Discussion

Actual exam question for iSQI's CTAL-TA_Syll2019 exam
Question #: 36
Topic #: 1
[All CTAL-TA_Syll2019 Questions]

The Technical Test Analyst has created a suite of keyword-driven tests to be used to test a calendar creation application. Because users may enter erroneous data, error checking must be

handled with the automation. What is the best way to test the error conditions and still use the keyword-driven tests?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer

Contribute your Thoughts:

Leota
7 days ago
Hmm, I don't know. I'm kind of leaning towards option B. It just seems like the most systematic and comprehensive approach. Plus, it's the option that involves the least amount of additional work, which is always a bonus.
upvoted 0 times
Melynda
9 days ago
You know, I'm kind of with Lisha on this one. Creating new keywords for the error conditions seems like a really elegant solution. It keeps the keyword-driven tests nice and organized, and it makes the error handling really explicit.
upvoted 0 times
Shawna
10 days ago
I think option D is a cop-out. We should be testing the error conditions just as thoroughly as the happy path. Providing only valid data for the keyword tests seems like it would leave a huge gap in our test coverage.
upvoted 0 times
Lisha
11 days ago
I don't know, you guys. Option C, creating new keywords to handle the error situations, might be the way to go. That way, we can keep the keyword-driven tests clean and focused, and have a separate set of keywords for error handling.
upvoted 0 times
Alisha
13 days ago
I'm not sure about that. Option B, creating a suite of data-driven tests, might be a better way to go. That way, we can systematically test all the possible error scenarios without having to create new keywords for each one.
upvoted 0 times
Gracia
15 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. I think the best approach would be to go with option A. Creating test data that includes error data and verifying the proper error is returned seems like the most comprehensive way to handle this. The keyword-driven tests are great for the happy path, but we need to make sure we're also covering the error conditions.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel