Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

HIPAA Exam HIO-301 Topic 2 Question 60 Discussion

Actual exam question for HIPAA's HIO-301 exam
Question #: 60
Topic #: 2
[All HIO-301 Questions]

Dr. Alice needs to send patient Bob a prescription electronically. Dr. Alice wants to send the message such that Bob can be sure that the sender of the prescription was in fact Dr. Alice. Dr. Alice decides to encrypt the message as well as include her digital signature. What key will Bob use to be able to decrypt the session key used by Dr. Alice?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

Contribute your Thoughts:

Irene
11 hours ago
Hold up, guys. What if Dr. Alice is using a session key to encrypt the message, and then she's signing it with her private key? In that case, Bob would need to use her public key to verify the signature.
upvoted 0 times
Adell
2 days ago
Ooh, good point! I think you're right, option B) Dr. Alice's public key is the way to go.
upvoted 0 times
Michael
3 days ago
Hmm, I'm not so sure. Wouldn't it make more sense for Bob to use Dr. Alice's public key to decrypt the message? That way, he can verify that it really came from her.
upvoted 0 times
Lisbeth
4 days ago
I agree. I'm leaning towards C) Bob's public key. That way, Dr. Alice can encrypt the message using Bob's public key, and Bob can decrypt it using his private key.
upvoted 0 times
Remona
6 days ago
Well, let's think this through. Dr. Alice is encrypting the message, so the key Bob uses to decrypt it has to be something she shares with him, right?
upvoted 0 times
Xuan
8 days ago
This is a tricky question! I'm not sure if I know the right answer. Any thoughts, guys?
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel