Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

HashiCorp Exam VA-002-P Topic 8 Question 76 Discussion

Actual exam question for HashiCorp's VA-002-P exam
Question #: 76
Topic #: 8
[All VA-002-P Questions]

Environment variables can be used to set variables. The environment variables must be in the format "____"_. Select the correct prefix string from the following list.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

Environment variables can be used to set variables. The environment variables must be in the format TF_VAR_name and this will be checked last for a value. For example:

export TF_VAR_region=us-west-1

export TF_VAR_ami=ami-049d8641

export TF_VAR_alist='[1,2,3]'

export TF_VAR_amap='{ foo = 'bar', baz = 'qux' }'

https://www.terraform.io/docs/commands/environment-variables.html

Contribute your Thoughts:

Brittani
4 days ago
Haha, tell me about it! It's like they're trying to keep us on our toes or something. But hey, at least it's not as bad as some of the AWS service names. Have you seen 'Amazon Kinesis Data Streams'? Sounds like a new age meditation technique!
upvoted 0 times
Melita
5 days ago
Hmm, I've seen the TF_VAR prefix used quite a bit in Terraform examples, so that's my guess. Although, I can't help but wonder why they don't just use something more intuitive, like ENV_VAR or something. These tech companies and their cryptic naming schemes, am I right?
upvoted 0 times
Melynda
6 days ago
Oh man, don't even get me started on AWS service names. It's like they're playing a game of 'How many buzzwords can we fit into one service name?' But back to the question at hand, I'm pretty confident TF_VAR is the right answer here. Let's go with that.
upvoted 0 times
Shawana
7 days ago
Alright, TF_VAR it is. Sounds good to me. Time to move on to the next question and see what other Terraform traps they've set for us. At this rate, I'm going to need a thesaurus just to understand the exam!
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel