Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

HashiCorp Exam VA-002-P Topic 3 Question 77 Discussion

Actual exam question for HashiCorp's VA-002-P exam
Question #: 77
Topic #: 3
[All VA-002-P Questions]

Which Terraform command will check and report errors within modules, attribute names, and value types to make sure they are syntactically valid and internally consistent?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

The terraform validate command validates the configuration files in a directory, referring only to the configuration and not accessing any remote services such as remote state, provider APIs, etc.

Validate runs checks that verify whether a configuration is syntactically valid and internally consistent, regardless of any provided variables or existing state. It is thus primarily useful for general verification of reusable modules, including the correctness of attribute names and value types.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Gilbert
4 days ago
Haha, I remember the struggle of trying to memorize all these Terraform commands. It's like a secret language we have to master, right? But Leonida and Bernardine are definitely on the right track with Terraform validate.
upvoted 0 times
Lynelle
5 days ago
Hmm, I agree with Bernardine. Terraform validate is the way to go here. It's the command that ensures your infrastructure is defined correctly before you apply any changes.
upvoted 0 times
Bernardine
6 days ago
You're right, Leonida. It's all about knowing the specific functions of each command. I'm leaning towards B) terraform validate, since that's the command that checks the syntax and internal consistency of the Terraform configuration.
upvoted 0 times
Leonida
7 days ago
Ah, this one's a tricky one! I remember getting stumped on this during my last exam. The key here is to understand the differences between the various Terraform commands.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel