Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

HashiCorp Exam VA-002-P Topic 10 Question 81 Discussion

Actual exam question for HashiCorp's VA-002-P exam
Question #: 81
Topic #: 10
[All VA-002-P Questions]

Environment variables can be used to set variables. The environment variables must be in the format "____"_. Select the correct prefix string from the following list.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

Environment variables can be used to set variables. The environment variables must be in the format TF_VAR_name and this will be checked last for a value. For example:

export TF_VAR_region=us-west-1

export TF_VAR_ami=ami-049d8641

export TF_VAR_alist='[1,2,3]'

export TF_VAR_amap='{ foo = 'bar', baz = 'qux' }'

https://www.terraform.io/docs/commands/environment-variables.html

Contribute your Thoughts:

Ira
11 days ago
TF_VAR_NAME sounds like it might be right, since it includes the variable name. But I think the other options are more standard. Gotta go with TF_VAR on this one.
upvoted 0 times
Ettie
11 days ago
Haha, good one! But seriously, we need to figure this out. I really want to pass this exam.
upvoted 0 times
Ronald
12 days ago
I'm leaning towards option D. 'TF_ENV_VAR' sounds like it could be the correct format for environment variables in Terraform.
upvoted 0 times
Audry
13 days ago
Haha, I bet the exam question writer is sitting there chuckling, thinking 'let's see if they can remember the exact prefix!'. Well, joke's on them, I'm going with TF_VAR and I'm confident about it.
upvoted 0 times
Darrin
13 days ago
You know, if I get this wrong, I'm going to feel like a total 'terraform'.
upvoted 0 times
Melodie
14 days ago
I was leaning towards TF_ENV, since we're talking about environment variables here. But I guess TF_VAR makes more sense since it's specifically for Terraform variables. This exam is really testing the details, huh?
upvoted 0 times
Harley
14 days ago
This question is really tricky, I'm not sure about the correct answer. Does anyone have any insights?
upvoted 0 times
Gianna
15 days ago
TF_VAR for sure, that's what I learned in the Terraform training I took. You use that prefix to set variables that Terraform can then pick up and use in your configuration.
upvoted 0 times
Troy
17 days ago
Hmm, I'm not sure about that. I was thinking it might be TF_ENV_VAR, since that seems more descriptive of what we're trying to do. But I could be wrong, I'll have to double-check the Terraform documentation on this one.
upvoted 0 times
Adolph
19 days ago
This is a tricky one, the format of environment variables can be a bit confusing sometimes. I'd say the correct answer is TF_VAR, since that's the standard prefix used for Terraform environment variables.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel