Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

HashiCorp Exam Terraform-Associate-003 Topic 8 Question 6 Discussion

Actual exam question for HashiCorp's Terraform-Associate-003 exam
Question #: 6
Topic #: 8
[All Terraform-Associate-003 Questions]

Which of the following methods, used to provision resources into a public cloud, demonstrates the concept of infrastructure as code?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

The concept of infrastructure as code (IaC) is to define and manage infrastructure using code, rather than manual processes or GUI tools. A script that contains a series of public cloud CLI commands is an example of IaC, because it uses code to provision resources into a public cloud. The other options are not examples of IaC, because they involve manual or interactive actions, such as running curl commands, sending REST requests, or entering commands into a console.Reference= [Introduction to Infrastructure as Code with Terraform] and [Infrastructure as Code]

Contribute your Thoughts:

Nichelle
4 days ago
Haha, yeah the cloud consoles can be a real nightmare. I remember one time I spent like an hour trying to figure out how to set up a simple VM. Ended up just giving up and writing a script instead. Much easier that way.
upvoted 0 times
Brandon
5 days ago
I agree, C is the way to go. The other options are just too ad-hoc and manual. Plus, have you guys tried navigating some of these public cloud consoles? It's like trying to find your way through a maze. I'd much rather have a script that I can just run and know that my resources are being provisioned correctly.
upvoted 0 times
Felicitas
6 days ago
Yeah, I was leaning towards C as well. The other options like manual curl commands or using the console just don't have that declarative, code-based approach that defines your infrastructure. With a script, you can version control it, reuse it, and treat your cloud resources like you would any other software component.
upvoted 0 times
Aleta
7 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. I'm not entirely sure, but I think the answer might be C. A script with a series of public cloud CLI commands seems to best represent the concept of infrastructure as code, where you define your resources in a programmatic way.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel