Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

HashiCorp Exam Terraform-Associate-003 Topic 8 Question 5 Discussion

Actual exam question for HashiCorp's Terraform-Associate-003 exam
Question #: 5
Topic #: 8
[All Terraform-Associate-003 Questions]

When should you run terraform init?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

You should runterraform initafter you start coding a new Terraform project and before you runterraform planfor the first time. This command will initialize the working directory by downloading the required providers and modules, creating the initial state file, and performing other necessary tasks.Reference= : Initialize a Terraform Project

Contribute your Thoughts:

Yuonne
4 days ago
Nah, I'm more partial to option D. Once you've got your code written, you should definitely run `terraform init` before planning and applying, just to make sure everything is set up properly.
upvoted 0 times
Whitney
5 days ago
I think option B is the way to go. It's just good practice to initialize your project before you even start coding, that way you don't run into any surprises later on.
upvoted 0 times
Theodora
6 days ago
I agree, `terraform init` is definitely the first step whenever I start a new Terraform project. It sets up the necessary provider plugins and state management, so you can't really do anything else without running it first.
upvoted 0 times
Lenna
7 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. I've always run `terraform init` before doing anything else with a new project, but I can see the logic behind some of the other options too.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel