Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

HashiCorp Exam Terraform-Associate-003 Topic 5 Question 8 Discussion

Actual exam question for HashiCorp's Terraform-Associate-003 exam
Question #: 8
Topic #: 5
[All Terraform-Associate-003 Questions]

What is the name of the default file where Terraform stores the state?

Type your answer in the field provided. The text field is not case-sensitive and all variations of the correct answer are accepted.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

The name of the default file where Terraform stores the state isterraform.tfstate. This file contains a JSON representation of the current state of the infrastructure managed by Terraform. Terraform uses this file to track the metadata and attributes of the resources, and to plan and apply changes. By default, Terraform stores the state file locally in the same directory as the configuration files, but it can also be configured to store the state remotely in a backend.Reference= [Terraform State], [State File Format]

Contribute your Thoughts:

Annelle
4 days ago
Haha, 'terraform.tfstate' - that's such a Terraform thing to do. Bet they spent hours debating the perfect file name. 'Terraformtfstate' just sounds like something a marketing team would come up with.
upvoted 0 times
Ramonita
5 days ago
Yeah, 'terraform.tfstate' sounds right to me too. Though I wonder why they didn't just call it 'state.tf' or something more straightforward. Terraform developers must have a flair for the dramatic.
upvoted 0 times
Romana
6 days ago
Oh, I know this one! Isn't it 'terraform.tfstate'? I remember reading about it in the Terraform documentation. It makes sense that they would use a more descriptive file name.
upvoted 0 times
Xochitl
7 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. I know Terraform stores the state somewhere, but I can't remember the exact file name. I'm guessing it's not just 'Terraformtfstate' though, that seems a bit too simple.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel