Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

HashiCorp Exam TA-002-P Topic 7 Question 73 Discussion

Actual exam question for HashiCorp's TA-002-P exam
Question #: 73
Topic #: 7
[All TA-002-P Questions]

What is a key benefit of the Terraform state file?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Contribute your Thoughts:

Raylene
4 days ago
Haha, yeah, that's a common misconception. I can see why someone might think the state file is the desired state, but it's really more about the current state of your infrastructure. It's the bridge between what you've defined in code and what actually exists.
upvoted 0 times
Tatum
5 days ago
You know, I was actually going to say that the state file is the desired state expressed by the Terraform code files. But I think Dan has the right idea – the state file is the source of truth, not just the desired state.
upvoted 0 times
Marylyn
6 days ago
I agree. The state file is like the single source of truth for your infrastructure. It allows Terraform to compare the current state with the desired state, so you can see what's changed and make updates accordingly. That's a huge advantage over manually managing infrastructure.
upvoted 0 times
Dan
7 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky question. I think the key benefit of the Terraform state file is that it serves as a source of truth for the resources provisioned with Terraform. It tracks the metadata and attributes of those resources, which is crucial for maintaining consistency and managing infrastructure changes.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel