Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

GAQM Exam CBAF-001 Topic 5 Question 43 Discussion

Actual exam question for GAQM's CBAF-001 exam
Question #: 43
Topic #: 5
[All CBAF-001 Questions]

A business analyst wishes to show that a company wants to store information about different types of product. Some attributes are common to every product (for example; product name) but other attributes only apply to certain product types. For example, product material only applies to accessory products. Which of the following constructs could the business analyst use to represent this on a class model?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

Contribute your Thoughts:

Cordelia
10 days ago
Yeah, the generalization structure makes the most sense to me too. It allows you to capture the core product attributes at the base class level, while still extending that to handle the product-specific stuff. Much more straightforward than an association class, in my opinion.
upvoted 0 times
Ilda
12 days ago
Ha! Good catch. These exam writers really try to trip us up, don't they? Anyway, I'm leaning towards the generalization structure. It seems like the cleanest way to model the common and varying attributes without getting too complicated.
upvoted 0 times
Brande
13 days ago
Hold on, did anyone else notice the typo in the question? It says 'product material only applies to accessory products' - shouldn't that be 'product type' or something more generic? *chuckles* Gotta watch out for those little details, you know.
upvoted 0 times
Rex
14 days ago
Ooh, this is a tricky one. I'm torn between the association class and the generalization structure options. They both seem like they could work, but I'm not sure which one would be the 'best' solution.
upvoted 0 times
Hortencia
16 days ago
I agree. This looks like it's getting at the idea of modeling flexibility and extensibility in a class model. We need to find a way to capture the common attributes while also allowing for product-specific attributes.
upvoted 0 times
Rickie
18 days ago
Hmm, this question seems to be testing our understanding of object-oriented modeling concepts. I think the key here is identifying the appropriate construct to represent the varying attributes for different product types.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel