Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Fortinet Exam NSE8_812 Topic 1 Question 19 Discussion

Actual exam question for Fortinet's NSE8_812 exam
Question #: 19
Topic #: 1
[All NSE8_812 Questions]

Review the following FortiGate-6000 configuration excerpt:

Based on the configuration, which statement is correct regarding SNAT source port partitioning behavior?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

The configuration excerpt shows that the SNAT source port partitioning behavior is set to dynamic. This means that the FortiGate will dynamically distribute SNAT source ports to operating FPCs or FPMs. This ensures that active sessions are not interrupted if an FPC or FPM goes down.

The other options are incorrect. Option B is incorrect because the default SNAT configuration is static. Option C is incorrect because the configuration excerpt does not specify that SNAT source ports are statically distributed. Option D is incorrect because the SNAT source ports are not evenly distributed across chassis slots.

Here are some additional details about SNAT source port partitioning behavior:

SNAT source port partitioning behavior can be set todynamicorstatic.

The default SNAT configuration isstatic.

Dynamic SNAT source port partitioning ensures that active sessions are not interrupted if an FPC or FPM goes down.

Static SNAT source port partitioning can improve performance by reducing the number of SNAT lookups.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Sanjuana
5 days ago
Haha, static distribution, eh? That's like trying to herd cats. I bet the developers had a field day with that one.
upvoted 0 times
Geoffrey
5 days ago
Haha, this is like a game of 'Guess the Fortigate Feature'. I'm going to take a wild guess and say option B, but I really have no idea how confident I am in that answer.
upvoted 0 times
Terrilyn
6 days ago
Personally, I'm a bit confused by the options. They all seem plausible, but I'm not sure which one is the most accurate description of the behavior based on the given configuration.
upvoted 0 times
Earleen
7 days ago
You know, I'm leaning towards option C. The configuration seems to suggest a static distribution of SNAT source ports to the operating FPCs or FPMs.
upvoted 0 times
Amber
7 days ago
You're right, this is not a straightforward question. I'm leaning towards option C, 'It statically distributes SNAT source ports to operating FPCs or FPMs', but I'm not 100% sure about the rationale behind that.
upvoted 0 times
Tu
8 days ago
Hold on, I'm not so sure about that. The question specifically asks about the SNAT source port partitioning behavior, and option B doesn't quite address that.
upvoted 0 times
Lakeesha
8 days ago
Hmm, this question seems a bit tricky. The configuration excerpt doesn't provide much detail, so we'd need to have a good understanding of how SNAT source port partitioning works on the FortiGate-6000.
upvoted 0 times
Laine
9 days ago
Hmm, let me take a closer look at the configuration excerpt. I think option B might be the right answer, since it mentions preserving active sessions when an FPC or FPM goes down.
upvoted 0 times
Pa
11 days ago
Yeah, I agree. This is not your typical multiple-choice question. We need to really dig into the details here to figure out the correct answer.
upvoted 0 times
Eleonora
13 days ago
Ah, the old SNAT source port partitioning conundrum. This question seems to be a tricky one, testing our understanding of the FortiGate-6000 configuration.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel