Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Ericsson Exam ECP-206 Topic 1 Question 14 Discussion

Actual exam question for Ericsson's ECP-206 exam
Question #: 14
Topic #: 1
[All ECP-206 Questions]

A network operator wants to make sure voice data is prioritized.

In this scenario, to which Ethernet traffic class should it be assigned.

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

A network operator who wants to make sure voice data is prioritized should assign it to Ethernet traffic class 6. Ethernet traffic class is a term used to refer to the priority code point (PCP) field in the VLAN header of an Ethernet frame. The PCP field is a 3-bit field that can encode up to eight different priority levels, ranging from 0 (lowest) to 7 (highest). The PCP values can be mapped to different types of traffic according to their QoS requirements. The recommended mapping is as follows :

PCP 0: Best effort (default)

PCP 1: Background

PCP 2: Spare

PCP 3: Excellent effort

PCP 4: Controlled load

PCP 5: Video

PCP 6: Voice

PCP 7: Network control

Voice data is a type of real-time traffic that requires the highest priority and lowest delay in the network. Therefore, it should be assigned to PCP 6, which corresponds to Ethernet traffic class 6 .

Contribute your Thoughts:

Frankie
8 days ago
Hah, 'excellent effort' traffic? That's a good one. I bet the person who came up with that class was feeling pretty proud of themselves.
upvoted 0 times
Corinne
10 days ago
I was thinking B might be the right answer, since that's the class for 'excellent effort' traffic. But I suppose voice data is even more important than that.
upvoted 0 times
Dottie
11 days ago
That's a good point. I was also leaning towards C, since that's the class typically used for video and voice traffic.
upvoted 0 times
Mirta
12 days ago
Hmm, I'm going to go with option C. Voice data is typically considered a high-priority application, so it should be assigned to traffic class 4.
upvoted 0 times
Mitsue
14 days ago
Yeah, I agree. I think it's a good question to test our understanding of QoS and prioritizing different types of network traffic.
upvoted 0 times
Matthew
16 days ago
This is a pretty straightforward question, but I can see how it might trip some people up if they're not familiar with Ethernet traffic classes.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel