Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Dell EMC Exam E20-393 Topic 8 Question 84 Discussion

Actual exam question for Dell EMC's E20-393 exam
Question #: 84
Topic #: 8
[All E20-393 Questions]

What is the default file system quota policy on the Dell EMC Unity XT storage array?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

When using quotas, administrators have the option to calculate file system usage in one of two ways. This option, which is configured on a per file system basis, may be set to File Size or Block based calculation. When using the default setting of File Size, disk usage is calculated based on logical file sizes in 1K increments. Because of this, it is possible that used space may be reported from a quota perspective as more than the actual usage if holes exist in a sparse file. This setting is generally recommended for Windows environments. The Block quota policy calculates disk usage in 8-16KB file system blocks, and is accurate with regard to the actual allocation down to the block level. This setting is recommended for UNIX environments.

https://www.dellemc.com/en-zm/collaterals/unauth/white-papers/products/storage/h15572-dell- emc-unity-nas-capabilities.pdf

Comments

Donette
18 hours ago
Good point, Esteban. I'm not too familiar with the Dell EMC Unity XT, so I'm hoping this isn't too niche of a question.
upvoted 0 times
Esteban
3 days ago
Hmm, this is an interesting question. I wonder if it's testing our knowledge of Dell EMC Unity XT storage arrays specifically, or just general file system quota policies.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel