Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CrowdStrike Exam CCFA-200 Topic 12 Question 29 Discussion

Actual exam question for CrowdStrike's CCFA-200 exam
Question #: 29
Topic #: 12
[All CCFA-200 Questions]

You need to have the ability to monitor suspicious VBA macros. Which Sensor Visibility setting should be turned on within the Prevention policy settings?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

Turn on the Script-Based Execution Monitoring prevention policy setting to enable the 'Falcon sensor to monitor the contents of scripts and shells that are popular mechanisms for executing malicious code on hosts. This setting does not kill or block scripts.'

Scripting languages:

Excel 4.0 macros

JScript

VBA Macros

VBScript

The Sensor Visibility setting that should be turned on within the Prevention policy settings to monitor suspicious VBA macros is Script-based Execution Monitoring. Script-based Execution Monitoring is a feature that enables the Falcon sensor to monitor and prevent malicious script execution on Windows systems. The feature uses machine learning and behavioral analysis to detect suspicious scripts or commands executed by various script interpreters, such as PowerShell, WScript, CScript, or Bash. VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) is a scripting language that can be embedded in Microsoft Office documents, such as Word or Excel. VBA macros can be used to automate tasks or perform actions within the documents, but they can also be abused by attackers to deliver malware or execute malicious code. Script-based Execution Monitoring can help detect and prevent such attacks by monitoring the contents of VBA macros for execution of malicious content.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Meghann
7 days ago
Alright, let's think this through. Script-based Execution Monitoring sounds like the most logical choice to me. It's specifically focused on monitoring VBA macros, which is what the question is asking about.
upvoted 0 times
Zona
9 days ago
This question is making my head spin. Can we get a coffee break before we tackle this one? I need a moment to clear my mind.
upvoted 0 times
Thora
10 days ago
I'm going to go with Interpreter-Only. It sounds like it might be a more targeted approach, which could be useful for monitoring suspicious VBA macros specifically.
upvoted 0 times
Stephanie
11 days ago
Hmm, I'm not so sure. Additional User Mode Data might also be a good option, as it could provide more context around the VBA macros. This is a tough one.
upvoted 0 times
Golda
13 days ago
I'm leaning towards Engine (Full Visibility). That seems like it would give us the most comprehensive monitoring capabilities, which is what we need for this scenario.
upvoted 0 times
Vallie
15 days ago
This is a tricky question. I think the answer might be Script-based Execution Monitoring, as that would allow us to monitor suspicious VBA macros. But I'm not 100% sure.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel