Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam XK0-005 Topic 8 Question 25 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's XK0-005 exam
Question #: 25
Topic #: 8
[All XK0-005 Questions]

The journald entries have filled a Linux machine's /var volume. Which of the following is the best command for a systems administrator to use to free up the disk space occupied by these entries?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

systemctl stop systemd-journald systemctl start systemd-journald is the best approach among the given options. Stopping and starting the systemd-journald service can help in managing the disk space used by journal logs without manually deleting log files or using more aggressive cleanup methods. This method ensures that log management is handled gracefully by the system's own services.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Alva
4 days ago
Option C looks more promising. Removing the journal directory and restarting the service could potentially clear out all the journal entries and free up space.
upvoted 0 times
Tracey
5 days ago
I agree, Option A seems a bit unclear. Option B just stops and starts the journald service, which might not actually free up any space.
upvoted 0 times
Sunny
6 days ago
Well, let's take a look at the options. Option A seems to involve some commands I'm not familiar with, and I'm not sure if rotating and vacuuming the journal is the best approach.
upvoted 0 times
Matthew
7 days ago
Hmm, this journald question seems tricky. I'm not sure which command would be the best to free up disk space occupied by the journal entries.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel