Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam XK0-005 Topic 4 Question 23 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's XK0-005 exam
Question #: 23
Topic #: 4
[All XK0-005 Questions]

A Linux administrator has physically added a new RAID adapter to a system. Which of the following commands should the Linux administrator run to confirm that the device has been recognized? (Select TWO).

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C, F

The following commands can help you confirm that the new RAID adapter has been recognized by the Linux system:

dmesg: This command displays the kernel messages, which can show the information about the newly detected hardware device. You can usedmesg | grep -i raidto filter the output for RAID-related messages.

lshw -class disk: This command lists the disk devices on the system, including the RAID controller and its model name.You can uselshw -class disk | grep -i raidto filter the output for RAID-related information1.

The other commands are not relevant for this purpose. For example:

rmmod: This command removes a module from the Linux kernel, which is not useful for detecting a new device.

ls -l /etc: This command lists the files and directories in the /etc directory, which is not related to hardware devices.

pvdisplay: This command displays the attributes of physical volumes, which are part of the logical volume management (LVM) system, not the RAID system.

rmdir /dev: This command removes an empty directory, which is not helpful for detecting a new device. Moreover, /dev is a special directory that contains device files, and should not be removed.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Raylene
9 days ago
Yeah, dmesg is a great option. And ishw --class disk will list the hardware devices, including the new RAID adapter. Those seem like the two most relevant choices here.
upvoted 0 times
Alecia
10 days ago
Agreed. I'm not sure about is -11 /etc, though. That doesn't look like a valid command to me.
upvoted 0 times
Breana
11 days ago
Haha, yeah, 'is -11 /etc' is definitely not a real command. I wonder who came up with that one. Maybe they were just trying to be creative.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel