Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam XK0-005 Topic 3 Question 21 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's XK0-005 exam
Question #: 21
Topic #: 3
[All XK0-005 Questions]

A user is attempting to log in to a Linux server that has Kerberos SSO enabled. Which of the following commands should the user run to authenticate and then show the ticket grants? (Select TWO).

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A, B

The following commands can help the user to authenticate and show the ticket grants using Kerberos SSO on a Linux server:

kinit: This command obtains and caches an initial ticket-granting ticket (TGT) for the user from the Kerberos key distribution center (KDC).The user needs to enter their password or use a keytab file to authenticate1.

klist: This command lists the cached tickets, including the TGT and any service tickets, for the user.It also shows the expiration time and flags for each ticket2.

For example, the user can run the following commands to log in and view their tickets:

$ kinit username@REALM

Password for username@REALM:

$ klist

Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_1000

Default principal: username@REALM

Valid starting Expires Service principal

04/06/2023 16:06:59 04/07/2023 02:06:59 krbtgt/REALM@REALM

renew until 04/13/2023 16:06:59

kinit(1) - Linux man page, section ''Description''.

klist(1) - Linux man page, section ''Description''.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Cassandra
12 days ago
Exactly! 'kinit' to authenticate and 'klist' to list the tickets. That's gotta be the right answer. Though I wish they'd just let us use good old-fashioned passwords, you know?
upvoted 0 times
Annabelle
13 days ago
Alright, let's think this through. I'm pretty sure we need to use the 'kinit' command to authenticate and get a Kerberos ticket. Then we can use 'klist' to view the ticket grants.
upvoted 0 times
Iesha
14 days ago
Yeah, tell me about it. Isn't the whole point of SSO to make our lives easier? This question is just trying to trip us up.
upvoted 0 times
Mabel
6 hours ago
kinit
upvoted 0 times
Delisa
15 days ago
Ugh, Kerberos questions are the worst. I've spent way too much time trying to wrap my head around that whole authentication mess.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel