Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam XK0-005 Topic 16 Question 20 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's XK0-005 exam
Question #: 20
Topic #: 16
[All XK0-005 Questions]

A Linux administrator has physically added a new RAID adapter to a system. Which of the following commands should the Linux administrator run to confirm that the device has been recognized? (Select TWO).

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C, F

The following commands can help you confirm that the new RAID adapter has been recognized by the Linux system:

dmesg: This command displays the kernel messages, which can show the information about the newly detected hardware device. You can usedmesg | grep -i raidto filter the output for RAID-related messages.

lshw -class disk: This command lists the disk devices on the system, including the RAID controller and its model name.You can uselshw -class disk | grep -i raidto filter the output for RAID-related information1.

The other commands are not relevant for this purpose. For example:

rmmod: This command removes a module from the Linux kernel, which is not useful for detecting a new device.

ls -l /etc: This command lists the files and directories in the /etc directory, which is not related to hardware devices.

pvdisplay: This command displays the attributes of physical volumes, which are part of the logical volume management (LVM) system, not the RAID system.

rmdir /dev: This command removes an empty directory, which is not helpful for detecting a new device. Moreover, /dev is a special directory that contains device files, and should not be removed.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Felicitas
3 months ago
Personally, I think the best way to confirm the device has been recognized is to use the lsscsi command. That's not one of the options here, but it's a really useful command for checking SCSI devices, which is what a RAID adapter would be. But if I had to choose from the options given, I'd go with F) dmesg and B) ls -ll /etc.
upvoted 0 times
Micaela
3 months ago
Haha, E) rmdir /dev? Really? That's just asking for trouble! I wouldn't touch anything in the /dev directory unless I was absolutely sure what I was doing. I'm going with F) dmesg and D) pvdisplay. The pvdisplay command should show us the physical volumes, which could include the new RAID device.
upvoted 0 times
Lavera
3 months ago
I'm leaning towards F) dmesg and C) ishw --class disk. The dmesg command should show any kernel messages related to the new RAID adapter, and the ishw command should give us a list of hardware devices, which could include the new adapter.
upvoted 0 times
Dottie
3 months ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. I'm not sure if I should go with rmmod or dmesg. I mean, rmmod is for removing kernel modules, but that doesn't really seem relevant here. And dmesg is for checking the kernel log, which could be helpful, but I'm not sure it's the best way to confirm the device has been recognized.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel