Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam SY0-701 Topic 1 Question 6 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's SY0-701 exam
Question #: 6
Topic #: 1
[All SY0-701 Questions]

A bank insists all of its vendors must prevent data loss on stolen laptops. Which of the following strategies is the bank requiring?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

Encryption at rest is a strategy that protects data stored on a device, such as a laptop, by converting it into an unreadable format that can only be accessed with a decryption key or password. Encryption at rest can prevent data loss on stolen laptops by preventing unauthorized access to the data, even if the device is physically compromised. Encryption at rest can also help comply with data privacy regulations and standards that require data protection. Masking, data classification, and permission restrictions are other strategies that can help protect data, but they may not be sufficient or applicable for data stored on laptops. Masking is a technique that obscures sensitive data elements, such as credit card numbers, with random characters or symbols, but it is usually used for data in transit or in use, not at rest. Data classification is a process that assigns labels to data based on its sensitivity and business impact, but it does not protect the data itself. Permission restrictions are rules that define who can access, modify, or delete data, but they may not prevent unauthorized access if the laptop is stolen and the security controls are bypassed. Reference: CompTIA Security+ Study Guide: Exam SY0-701, 9th Edition, page 17-18, 372-373

Contribute your Thoughts:

Lenna
13 days ago
Oof, permission restrictions? That sounds like a total nightmare. Can you imagine trying to manage all those user access levels? Talk about a headache and a half. I'm with Isadora on this one - encryption is the way to go, nice and simple.
upvoted 0 times
Encryption at rest is definitely a more straightforward solution.
upvoted 0 times
Anna
20 hours ago
I agree, permission restrictions sound like a nightmare to manage.
upvoted 0 times
Kirk
14 days ago
Hold up, I don't think it's that simple. Data classification could be key here - if they know what info is most critical, they can prioritize the protection. Kinda like triage for your data, you know?
upvoted 0 times
Lillian
15 days ago
Hmm, I don't know, encryption can be a real pain to implement sometimes. Maybe they're looking for something a little more user-friendly, like data masking? That way the sensitive info is hidden, but the users can still access what they need.
upvoted 0 times
Isadora
16 days ago
Whoa, talk about a loaded question! This bank is really cracking down on data security. I bet they've had some nasty breaches in the past. Encryption at rest seems like the obvious choice here - gotta keep those files locked down tight, ya know?
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel