Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam SK0-005 Topic 1 Question 48 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's SK0-005 exam
Question #: 48
Topic #: 1
[All SK0-005 Questions]

A systems administrator is provisioning a large number of virtual Linux machines that will be configured identically. The administrator would like to configure the machines quickly and easily but does not have access to an automation/orchestration platform. Additionally, the administrator would like to set up a system that can be used in the future, even on newer versions of the OS. Which of the following will best meet the administrator's requirements?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Kickstart Files (Linux):Kickstart files are configuration files that automate the Linux installation process. They contain pre-determined answers to installation prompts, allowing for identical and rapid deployment of multiple systems. (CompTIA Server+ Objectives SK0-004: 3.1, Red Hat documentation on Kickstart:https://access.redhat.com/documentation/)

Why other options are less ideal:

VM Template (A):Templates are useful for replicating the OS & some software, but might not capture all configurations.

Manual Configuration (C):Time-consuming and prone to errors when replicating across many servers.

Copy/Paste via SSH (D):Tedious, error-prone, and requires servers to be online before configuration.

Cloning (E):Can work but has version compatibility risks if the OS of the cloned server isn't identical to the new ones.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Alisha
4 days ago
Alright, alright, I can see the appeal of kickstart. But you gotta admit, cloning a pre-configured server is just so satisfying, like a tech-savvy version of the copy-paste life hack.
upvoted 0 times
Loise
5 days ago
I agree with you both. Kickstart is definitely the way to go. It's easy to set up, and it'll work even on newer versions of the OS. Plus, it's way faster than manually configuring each server.
upvoted 0 times
Jacqueline
6 days ago
Haha, the lazy man's version of cloning? I love it! Although, I still think kickstart is the way to go. It's just so darn flexible, you know?
upvoted 0 times
Miesha
7 days ago
Ah, this is a tricky one. I'm not a fan of manually configuring each server one by one - that sounds like a nightmare! And copying and pasting commands through SSH? Nah, that's just asking for trouble.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel