Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam SK0-005 Topic 1 Question 47 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's SK0-005 exam
Question #: 47
Topic #: 1
[All SK0-005 Questions]

A user can successfully connect to a database server from a home office but is unable to access it from a hotel room. Which of the following authentication methods is most likely

configured?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

Scope-based authentication is a method of restricting access to resources based on the location, network, or device of the user. It can be used to prevent unauthorized access from outside the organization's network or from untrusted devices. In this case, the user can connect to the database server from the home office, which is likely within the scope of the authentication policy, but not from the hotel room, which is outside the scope.

CompTIA Server+ Certification Exam Objectives1, page 15

CompTIA Server+: Authentication & Authorization2

Contribute your Thoughts:

Mike
4 days ago
Nah, I don't think it's that simple. It could be a delegation-based authentication, where the user's credentials are only valid when they're on the company network. Hotels might be considered 'untrusted' in that case.
upvoted 0 times
Son
5 days ago
Haha, scope-based authentication, really? I was thinking more like a rule-based system, where the admin has set up specific rules for hotel network access. You know, 'thou shalt not access the database from a hotel'.
upvoted 0 times
Hector
6 days ago
You know, I was thinking the same thing. My guess would be that it's a scope-based authentication method, where the user has access granted based on their location or network they're connecting from.
upvoted 0 times
Cherelle
7 days ago
Hmm, this question seems to be testing our understanding of network authentication methods. The fact that the user can connect from home but not from a hotel suggests some kind of location-based authentication is in place.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel