Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam SK0-005 Topic 1 Question 45 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's SK0-005 exam
Question #: 45
Topic #: 1
[All SK0-005 Questions]

A server administrator deployed a new product that uses a non-standard port for web access on port 8443. However, users are unable to access the new

application. The server administrator checks firewall rules and determines 8443 is allowed. Which of the following is most likely the cause of the issue?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

A DNS entry is a record that maps a domain name to an IP address. If the DNS entry for the new application is incorrect, users will not be able to resolve the domain name to the correct IP address and port number. This will prevent them from accessing the application, even if the firewall rules allow port 8443. To fix this issue, the server administrator should verify and update the DNS entry for the new application.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Isadora
13 days ago
Haha, yeah, the IDS could definitely be the troublemaker here. Those security systems can be real party poopers sometimes. But I'm with you all on the DNS entry being the most likely culprit. That's usually where these kinds of access problems start.
upvoted 0 times
Fannie
14 days ago
You both make good points. I'm wondering if it could also be an Intrusion Detection System (IDS) issue. Sometimes those systems can be a bit overzealous and block non-standard ports, even if they're allowed in the firewall.
upvoted 0 times
Veronika
13 hours ago
A) Intrusion detection is blocking the port.
upvoted 0 times
Han
15 days ago
I was thinking the same thing, Domitila. The DNS entry seems like the most likely culprit here. If users can't access the new application, that points to a resolution problem rather than a network or firewall issue.
upvoted 0 times
Domitila
16 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. I'm leaning towards B - the DNS entry being incorrect. If the firewall is allowing port 8443, then it shouldn't be a network issue. And using port 443 would be too obvious, so I doubt it's C.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel