Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam PT0-002 Topic 1 Question 52 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's PT0-002 exam
Question #: 52
Topic #: 1
[All PT0-002 Questions]

Which of the following best explains why communication is a vital phase of a penetration test?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: A

Communication is a vital phase of a penetration test to ensure all parties involved are aware of the test's progress, findings, and any potential impact on business operations. Discussing situational awareness involves sharing real-time insights about the security posture, any vulnerabilities found, and potential risks. This enables the organization to make informed decisions, mitigate risks promptly, and ensure the test aligns with business objectives and constraints.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Jillian
4 days ago
Haha, yeah, can you imagine the client's reaction if you just showed up and started destroying data without warning? 'Excuse me, sir, I'm here to test your security... *proceeds to delete everything*' That would not go over well at all.
upvoted 0 times
Osvaldo
5 days ago
You guys are on the right track. I'd also argue that communication is key for minimizing disruption and avoiding any unintended consequences. The last thing you want is to accidentally take down a critical system or trigger a security alert. That's why clear communication with the client is so important.
upvoted 0 times
Stephaine
6 days ago
I agree, Maryann. The communication phase is crucial for laying the groundwork and making sure everyone is on the same page. I'd say the best answer is probably D - ensuring the likelihood of future assessments. If the client doesn't feel like the test was well-communicated and managed, they may be hesitant to work with you again.
upvoted 0 times
Maryann
7 days ago
Hmm, this is an interesting question. Communication is definitely a vital phase of a penetration test, but I'm not sure if any of these options fully capture why. I think it's about more than just discussing situational awareness or building rapport - it's about setting clear expectations, getting buy-in, and ensuring the test is carried out effectively and safely.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel