Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam PT0-002 Topic 1 Question 51 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's PT0-002 exam
Question #: 51
Topic #: 1
[All PT0-002 Questions]

Which of the following is the most common vulnerability associated with loT devices that are directly connected to the internet?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: D

IoT devices are often shipped with default passwords, which are easily discoverable and widely known. Many users fail to change these default credentials, leaving the devices vulnerable to unauthorized access. This issue is one of the most common vulnerabilities associated with IoT devices connected directly to the internet. Attackers can exploit these default passwords to gain control over the devices, potentially leading to a range of malicious activities, including the recruitment of the devices into botnets for Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, data breaches, or other cybercriminal activities.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Laticia
4 days ago
Yeah, DDoS is definitely a major issue, but I think the default password problem is just as bad, if not worse. It's like leaving the keys in the front door for hackers.
upvoted 0 times
Izetta
5 days ago
Hmm, I'd say the susceptibility to DDoS attacks is the biggest concern with IoT devices. Those botnets can do some serious damage if the devices aren't properly secured.
upvoted 0 times
Corazon
6 days ago
I agree, Christiane. The default password vulnerability is so well-known, it's almost too easy. But I guess they need to make sure we're covering the basics.
upvoted 0 times
Christiane
7 days ago
Ugh, this question is straight out of the IoT security textbook. It's like they're not even trying to be creative with these certification exams anymore.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel