Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam N10-008 Topic 1 Question 48 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's N10-008 exam
Question #: 48
Topic #: 1
[All N10-008 Questions]

A network technician is configuring a wireless network that consists of multiple APS for better coverage and allows roaming between the APS. Which of the following types of SSIDs should the technician configure?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

An extended service set (ESS) is a type of SSID that allows multiple access points (APs) to share the same SSID and provide seamless roaming for wireless clients. An ESS consists of two or more basic service sets (BSSs), which are individual APs with their own SSIDs. A distribution system (DS), such as a wired Ethernet LAN, connects the BSSs and enables data transfer between them. A wireless client can associate with any AP in the ESS and move from one BSS to another without losing connectivity or reauthenticating.

CompTIA Network+ N10-008 Certification Exam Objectives, page 51

CompTIA Network+ Cert Guide: Wireless Networking, page 12

Contribute your Thoughts:

An
4 days ago
Hmm, the Distribution System Service (DSS) sounds intriguing, but I think that's more for the backend infrastructure, not the user-facing SSID. ESS is the way to go - keeps things simple and seamless for the users.
upvoted 0 times
Shawnda
5 days ago
You know, I was tempted by the Independent Basic Service Set (IBSS) option, but that's more for ad-hoc, peer-to-peer networks. Wouldn't really fit the bill here. ESS is the clear winner in my book.
upvoted 0 times
Dalene
6 days ago
Definitely, the ESS is the way to go. It creates a single logical network across multiple APs, making it perfect for that roaming scenario. Beats having to reconnect every time you move, that's for sure.
upvoted 0 times
Ethan
7 days ago
Ah, a tricky one! This SSID business is like a secret language we have to decode, eh? Let's see, I reckon the technician should go for an Extended Service Set (ESS) to allow for seamless roaming between the APs.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel