Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam N10-008 Topic 1 Question 46 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's N10-008 exam
Question #: 46
Topic #: 1
[All N10-008 Questions]

A network technician is configuring a wireless network that consists of multiple APS for better coverage and allows roaming between the APS. Which of the following types of SSIDs should the technician configure?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

An extended service set (ESS) is a type of SSID that allows multiple access points (APs) to share the same SSID and provide seamless roaming for wireless clients. An ESS consists of two or more basic service sets (BSSs), which are individual APs with their own SSIDs. A distribution system (DS), such as a wired Ethernet LAN, connects the BSSs and enables data transfer between them. A wireless client can associate with any AP in the ESS and move from one BSS to another without losing connectivity or reauthenticating.

CompTIA Network+ N10-008 Certification Exam Objectives, page 51

CompTIA Network+ Cert Guide: Wireless Networking, page 12

Contribute your Thoughts:

Rima
8 days ago
Yeah, that makes sense. ESS is the way to go for a wireless network with roaming capabilities. The other options wouldn't really work for that scenario.
upvoted 0 times
Iluminada
9 days ago
I'm pretty sure the answer is Extended Service Set (ESS). That's the one that connects multiple APs to form a single logical network, right?
upvoted 0 times
Karol
10 days ago
Okay, so we're looking for the type of SSID that allows roaming between multiple APs. That narrows it down a bit.
upvoted 0 times
Jettie
11 days ago
Hmm, this question is a tricky one. I've encountered these wireless network concepts before, but they can be a bit confusing. Let me think this through.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel