Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam N10-008 Topic 1 Question 43 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's N10-008 exam
Question #: 43
Topic #: 1
[All N10-008 Questions]

A user reports having intermittent connectivity issues to the company network. The network configuration for the user reveals the following:

IP address: 192.168.1.10

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 192.168.1.254

The network switch shows the following ARP table:

Which of the following is the most likely cause of the user's connection issues?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

This is the most likely cause of the user's connection issues, because the ARP table of the switch shows that there are two devices with the same IP address of 192.168.1.10, but different MAC addresses. This indicates that there is an IP address conflict on the network, where two devices are trying to use the same IP address. This can cause intermittent connectivity issues, as the switch may not be able to forward packets to the correct destination .

Contribute your Thoughts:

Leonard
13 days ago
Haha, I bet the user is frustrated. Troubleshooting network issues can be like a game of 'Where's Waldo?' for some people.
upvoted 0 times
Jenise
14 days ago
Yeah, I'd go with option C as well. It's the only answer that really matches the information provided in the question. The other options don't seem to fit the scenario.
upvoted 0 times
Joanna
15 days ago
I agree. The ARP table shows a conflicting MAC address for the 192.168.1.10 IP address, which suggests another device is using that IP. That's probably causing the intermittent connectivity issues for the user.
upvoted 0 times
Shaun
16 days ago
Hmm, this question seems pretty straightforward. Based on the network configuration and the ARP table, I think the most likely cause of the connectivity issues is another PC with a manually configured IP address.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel