Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam CV0-004 Topic 1 Question 8 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's CV0-004 exam
Question #: 8
Topic #: 1
[All CV0-004 Questions]

A cloud consultant needs to modernize a legacy application that can no longer address user demand and is expensive to maintain. Which of the following is the best migration

strategy?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: C

Refactoring is the process of restructuring existing computer code without changing its external behavior. In cloud computing, it often means modifying the application to better leverage cloud-native features and services. This can address user demand and reduce maintenance costs by making the application more scalable, resilient, and manageable. Reference: CompTIA Cloud+ Certification Study Guide (Exam CV0-004) by Scott Wilson and Eric Vanderburg

Contribute your Thoughts:

Sarina
7 days ago
Hmm, I don't know. Replatform (D) sounds a bit risky to me. I'd be worried about compatibility issues and hidden costs. Why not just bite the bullet and go for a full Refactor (C)? Yeah, it's more work, but you'll end up with a much stronger, future-proof application.
upvoted 0 times
Diego
7 days ago
Ah, the age-old cloud migration dilemma. I'd say Replatform is the way to go - it's like getting a cloud-ready app without all the heavy lifting of a full refactor.
upvoted 0 times
Georgeanna
8 days ago
Hold up, what about Replatform (D)? That could be a good middle ground - moving the app to a newer, cloud-based platform without a full rewrite. Might be a bit more work than Rehost, but could pay off in the long run.
upvoted 0 times
Rebecka
9 days ago
I agree, Refactor (C) seems like the way to go. You want to modernize the application while minimizing the impact, and that means improving the code and architecture without a full rebuild. Rehost (B) might be a quick fix, but it doesn't really solve the underlying issues.
upvoted 0 times
Dorsey
9 days ago
I'm with Clement on this one. Replatform seems like the best balance between modernization and effort.
upvoted 0 times
Clement
10 days ago
Refactor could work, but it might be a lot of work. Replatform could be a good compromise - migrate to a managed service in the cloud to reduce maintenance costs.
upvoted 0 times
Geoffrey
10 days ago
This is a tricky one. The key is to really understand the situation - a legacy application that can't keep up with user demand and is expensive to maintain. I'm leaning towards Refactor (C) as the best option, but I can see arguments for some of the other choices as well.
upvoted 0 times
Cassi
11 days ago
I don't know, I feel like Refactor could be the way to go. If the app is legacy and expensive to maintain, we might as well take the opportunity to modernize it.
upvoted 0 times
Vince
13 days ago
Rehost seems like the easiest way to go, right? Just lift and shift the app to the cloud without making any major changes.
upvoted 0 times
Hyman
15 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. I'm leaning towards Rehost or Replatform, but I'm not sure which one would be the best option here.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel