Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam CV0-004 Topic 1 Question 5 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's CV0-004 exam
Question #: 5
Topic #: 1
[All CV0-004 Questions]

A systems administrator is configuring backups on a VM and needs the process to run as quickly as possible, reducing the bandwidth on the network during all times from Monday through Saturday. In the event of data corruption, the management team expects the mean time to recovery to be as low as possible. Which of the following backup methods can the administrator use to accomplish these goals?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

To achieve a quick backup process and reduce bandwidth use, the administrator should perform a Full backup on Sunday and incremental backups on all other days of the week. This method ensures that only the changes made since the last full backup are copied, reducing the amount of data that needs to be transferred each time, and thus the time and bandwidth required. Reference: CompTIA Cloud+ Study Guide (Exam CV0-004) by Todd Montgomery and Stephen Olson

Contribute your Thoughts:

Leota
4 days ago
Hmm, I see the logic in all of these options. But what about A? Incremental backups to the cloud could be a good compromise - we get the speed of incremental backups and the offsite storage for quick recovery.
upvoted 0 times
Carmelina
5 days ago
I'm not convinced. Differential backups can be slower to restore than incremental, and we want the fastest possible recovery time. I'd go with option D - incremental backups during off-hours on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. That way, we're minimizing the impact on the network.
upvoted 0 times
Amie
6 days ago
I disagree. I think the best option here is C - differential backups to the cloud. That way, we're reducing the bandwidth during the week and the recovery time should be pretty quick if we need to restore.
upvoted 0 times
Yen
7 days ago
Hmm, this is a tough one. I'm leaning towards option B - full backup on Sunday and incremental backups on the other days. That way, we get a comprehensive backup each week without impacting the network too much on a daily basis.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel