Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam CV0-003 Topic 8 Question 74 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's CV0-003 exam
Question #: 74
Topic #: 8
[All CV0-003 Questions]

A company plans to publish a new application and must conform with security standards. Which of the following types of testing are most important for the systems administrator to run to assure the security and compliance of the application before publishing? (Select two).

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B, E

Vulnerability testing and penetration testing are two types of security testing that can help to identify and mitigate potential risks in an application before publishing. Vulnerability testing is the process of scanning the application for known weaknesses or flaws that could be exploited by attackers. Penetration testing is the process of simulating real-world attacks on the application to test its defenses and find vulnerabilities that may not be detected by automated scans. Both types of testing can help to assure the security and compliance of the application by revealing and resolving any issues that could compromise the confidentiality, integrity, or availability of the application or its dat

a.Reference: CompTIA Cloud+ CV0-003 Study Guide, Chapter 5: Maintaining a Cloud Environment, page 221.

Contribute your Thoughts:

Tiara
8 days ago
You know, I think load testing is also important to make sure the application can handle the expected traffic without any security issues. We don't want a bunch of users crashing the system and exposing sensitive data, right?
upvoted 0 times
Josefa
9 days ago
Haha, I bet the security team is going to have a field day with this one. Hopefully, they don't find any 'vulnerabilities' that let the developers in like a 'backdoor'.
upvoted 0 times
Clare
10 days ago
I agree, vulnerability testing and penetration testing are crucial to ensure the security of the application. But I also think functional testing is important to make sure the application is working as intended from a security perspective.
upvoted 0 times
Vincent
11 days ago
This question seems to be testing our knowledge of security testing. I think the most important types of testing would be vulnerability testing and penetration testing to identify any security vulnerabilities in the application before publishing.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel