Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam CV0-003 Topic 2 Question 78 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's CV0-003 exam
Question #: 78
Topic #: 2
[All CV0-003 Questions]

An integration application that communicates between different application and database servers is currently hosted on a physical machine. A P2V migration needs to be done to reduce the hardware footprint. Which of the following should be considered to maintain the same level of network throughput and latency in the virtual server?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer

Contribute your Thoughts:

Caprice
8 hours ago
Hmm, I'm not too familiar with these virtualization concepts, but I'm guessing the answer has something to do with the network setup. Increasing the VM swap/paging size seems like a weird solution, though. I mean, how's that gonna help with the network performance? I'm leaning towards the SR-IOV option, but I'm open to other suggestions.
upvoted 0 times
Asuncion
1 days ago
I think the key here is to maintain the same level of network throughput and latency in the virtual server. Adding more vCPUs could help, but I'm not sure if that's the most efficient solution. Maybe we should look into enabling SR-IOV capability? That could help with the network performance, right?
upvoted 0 times
Lynna
1 days ago
Haha, I love how this is turning into a heated debate. Meanwhile, I'm just sitting here wondering if option D, increasing the VM swap/paging size, is even relevant in this scenario.
upvoted 0 times
Nidia
2 days ago
Oh man, this question seems like a real head-scratcher! I'm not too sure about the right answer, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the network performance of the virtual server. Upgrading the physical server NICs seems like a good idea, but I'm not sure if that's the only thing we need to consider.
upvoted 0 times
Carmen
2 days ago
That's a good point, Kayleigh. I was leaning towards option B, but now I'm not so sure. Maybe a combination of upgrading the NICs and adding more vCPUs would be the best approach.
upvoted 0 times
Kayleigh
3 days ago
But wait, don't we also need to consider the CPU and memory requirements? Adding more vCPUs might be important too, especially for an integration application that's handling a lot of traffic.
upvoted 0 times
Melita
5 days ago
Yeah, I agree. I'm thinking option C, enabling SR-IOV, might be the way to go. That should help maintain the network throughput and latency, right?
upvoted 0 times
Ardella
7 days ago
Hmm, this seems like a tricky question. I'm not too familiar with P2V migrations, but I can see how the network performance would be an important consideration.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel