Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

CompTIA Exam CV0-003 Topic 4 Question 73 Discussion

Actual exam question for CompTIA's CV0-003 exam
Question #: 73
Topic #: 4
[All CV0-003 Questions]

An integration application that communicates between different application and database servers is currently hosted on a physical machine. A P2V migration needs to be done to reduce the hardware footprint. Which of the following should be considered to maintain the same level of network throughput and latency in the virtual server?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer

Contribute your Thoughts:

Hannah
12 days ago
Haha, yeah, the E1000 is like using a Nokia 3310 for high-speed internet. Definitely go with VMXNET3 or even the paravirtual network adapter if available. And don't forget to check the guest OS network settings too. Might need to tweak a few things there as well.
upvoted 0 times
Carin
13 days ago
You guys are on the right track. I'd also consider the network adapter configuration in the virtual server. Make sure it's using the most efficient virtual network adapter, like VMXNET3 instead of the default E1000. That can make a big difference in network performance.
upvoted 0 times
Marylin
14 days ago
I agree, the SR-IOV option sounds promising. It can provide near-native network performance for the virtual server. Adding more vCPUs might help, but it really depends on the actual CPU utilization. Increasing the VM swap/paging size doesn't seem to be directly related to the network performance.
upvoted 0 times
Sunny
6 hours ago
upvoted 0 times
Shawnda
15 days ago
Hmm, this question is tricky. I'm not sure if the physical server NICs are the issue here. Upgrading them to 10GbE might not be necessary if the network traffic isn't that high. I'm thinking the SR-IOV capability might be a better option to maintain the throughput and latency.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel