Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Citrix Exam 1Y0-241 Topic 5 Question 71 Discussion

Actual exam question for Citrix's 1Y0-241 exam
Question #: 71
Topic #: 5
[All 1Y0-241 Questions]

Scenario: To receive data alerts for failures, a Citrix Administrator is configuring SNMP on the Citrix ADC. The administrator is confident that the manager, alarms and SNMP traps are configured correctly. The following week, there is a Citrix ADC-related outage and the administrator does NOT receive any alerts.

What could be the reason for this alert failure?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Comments

Sue
15 hours ago
I'm leaning towards the community name being the issue. That's a classic SNMP gotcha that trips up a lot of admins. Definitely double-check that setting.
upvoted 0 times
Nidia
2 days ago
Hmm, the Web App Firewall blocking the alerts is an interesting theory. I wonder if there's a way to check the firewall logs to see if anything's being blocked. Might be worth a look.
upvoted 0 times
Sean
3 days ago
You know, I had a similar issue a while back. Turned out the community name was the problem. Make sure that's set up properly on both the ADC and the manager side. Otherwise, the traps just won't go through.
upvoted 0 times
Lourdes
5 days ago
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The SNMP version is the first thing I'd check. I bet it's set to version 1, which can be a bit finicky. Might be worth upgrading to version 2 or 3 if that's the case.
upvoted 0 times
Tamekia
6 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. I'm not sure why the alerts aren't coming through, but I have a few ideas. The Citrix Web App Firewall blocking the alerts seems like a possibility, or maybe the community name wasn't configured correctly. I doubt it's the licensing, but the SNMP version could definitely be an issue.
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel