Deal of The Day! Hurry Up, Grab the Special Discount - Save 25% - Ends In 00:00:00 Coupon code: SAVE25
Welcome to Pass4Success

- Free Preparation Discussions

Cisco Exam 500-470 Topic 1 Question 53 Discussion

Actual exam question for Cisco's 500-470 exam
Question #: 53
Topic #: 1
[All 500-470 Questions]

Which protocol is used between an Endpoint and a Switch with an 802.1 authentication?

Show Suggested Answer Hide Answer
Suggested Answer: B

Contribute your Thoughts:

Brigette
22 days ago
Really? MAB? I thought that was more for wireless authentication. I'm pretty sure the correct answer is TACACS. It's an older protocol, but it's still used for authentication between network devices.
upvoted 0 times
Gertude
23 days ago
You guys are both close, but I think the answer is actually MAB. That's the MAC-based Authentication Bypass, which is used when the endpoint can't do 802.1 authentication directly. The switch then uses the MAC address to authenticate the endpoint.
upvoted 0 times
Jamal
24 days ago
I'm pretty sure it's EAP. That's the Extensible Authentication Protocol, and it's specifically designed for 802.1 authentication. RADIUS is more for general authentication, but EAP is the one used between the endpoint and the switch.
upvoted 0 times
Rashad
5 days ago
Precisely, it's EAP that is used for this type of authentication.
upvoted 0 times
Bok
6 days ago
TACACS is not the protocol used between an Endpoint and a Switch with 802.1 authentication.
upvoted 0 times
Iluminada
7 days ago
MAB is actually not the right protocol for this scenario.
upvoted 0 times
Ivan
8 days ago
Absolutely, EAP is designed for this specific authentication.
upvoted 0 times
Pearly
9 days ago
RADIUS is not the right answer, it's more for general authentication.
upvoted 0 times
Carma
10 days ago
Correct, EAP is the protocol used for 802.1 authentication.
upvoted 0 times
Alton
25 days ago
Hmm, this is a tricky one. I'm not too sure about the protocols used for 802.1 authentication, but I think RADIUS might be the correct answer. It's a widely used protocol for authentication, isn't it?
upvoted 0 times

Save Cancel